Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some days i feel like pulp

...making pulp, that is. Paper pulp. I think back to 2006, my first freehand experience at paper making. My first batch of paper pulp was actually more like a cracker. My imagination thought to add flour, water, salt, a handful of shreaded documents and some back yard flower petals to the blender. I poured the gooy slury over the screen but it ran right out the holes, like pancake batter. I added more flour, more foliage and ended up rolling it out like a tortilla. I flopped it onto the screen to dry and the result was a semi-transparent off-white brittle cracker. That didn't stop me from writing on it. In fact, I still have the crumbled love note in an envelope among my keepsake treasurers.

So, the next time you run out of paper, spare yourself a trip to the store and pull out a tortilla. Take a picture of your scribbling because it won't be long before the tortilla crumbles. In other words, I wouldn't recomment writing a manuscript on tortillas.

The word "pulp" is one of those words you can play around with... such as...
What the pulp?
Boy, I feel like pulp today.
Where the pilp are my keys?!
His cooking tasted like pulp!
I miss the pulp out of you!
I laughed my pulp off!

...You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment