Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Paper making

Yesterday afternoon I was out looking for a bookbinding shop in Pioneer Square when I came across a sign which invited me down stairs, passed a used book store to Tai Designs. Paper Artist and Printmaker, Taiko Suzuki, took about an hour of her time showing me some of the most amazing and beautifully crafted works of art. Among her collection is a book with a clam shell cover. The pages were separated by the accordian fold and when opened, the art and story were so purposfully designed, I am still in awe. I asked if she could use my capable assistance and apparently there have been several others before me to ask the same question

If you're in Seattle, stop in and see for yourself.

Tai Designs
214 First Avenue South, Ste B6
Lower Level
Seattle, WA 98104
206-343-9494
B.t.fiber08@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment