Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mya's very special book

Yesterday was my grand daughter Mya's 8th birthday. Wow! I made her a book which we can fill together. I made an introduction within a few pages and mailed it to her to add to the story. I'm excited to hear from her once she receives it, hopefully tomorrow.

The book consists of both fabric and paper on the cover. This book represents techniques brand new to me, such as blind embossing on the end papers, the wax seal which replaces my written name (for now) and liquid copper metallic surfacer, which I applied to the sea horse on the cover. I covered shape-cut card stock with the hand made paper I picked up at Pioneer Square a couple weeks ago. The result is one very unique creation, just like my Mya.

Next comes Isaiah's 11th birthday on October 4th. Ready to contribute to the creation? I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. She received it yesterday and loves her book. I am so happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete