Monday, October 3, 2011

October 4th

The finished piece is in the mail and slated to be delivered by Wednesday. Hopefully, he receives it tomorrow since tomorrow is his actual birthday. The book cover result is a hand painted canvas-weight cotton fabric with an end flap which protects the pages. The painting on the front cover is Isaiah on his bike pulling a Radio Flyer wagon filled with project materials through a boyhood scene. The back has a camping scene with a pond. I know, you're saying, Where's the picture already?" Well, my computer took a dump and my smart phone has software limitations and adding photos isn't an option at this moment. I'll put some up as soon as I am able.

One of the great things about the books I'm creating is I can refill them once the book block is filled. Or, I can simply make a new book with its own character. Either way it's a labor of love and a true pleasure to contribute to the fulfillment of, in this example, my Grandson's 11th birthday.

Photos to come.

What's next? Anybody want me to create a really special book for either yourself or someone you love? Let me know so I have time to fulfill your request. As far as price is concerned, that depends on the book. We can discuss that privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment